News Release September 6, 2016
Release Number: 4073
Shawn Smetana, Public Information Officer
Phone: (843) 958-4007 / Fax: (843) 958-4004
Project website: http://roads.charlestoncounty.org/projects/harborviewroad/
Traffic Alert: Nighttime Lane Closures begin on the Harbor View Road Improvements Project
Charleston County Government announces nighttime lane closures will begin September 6, 2016. Crews will
be working on Harbor View Road between Affirmation Boulevard and North Shore Drive for the Harbor View Road Improvements project. All work is weather permitting.
September 6 – September 15:
- Nighttime lane closures will occur on Harbor View Road.
- The work will occur between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday nights.
- Flagmen will be on site to control traffic.
- At no time will the entire roadway be blocked to traffic.
- Drivers will have access to businesses and residential properties along Harbor View Road at all times.
- At least one lane will remain open to traffic under flagging operations.
- Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
The purpose of the Harbor View Road Improvements project is to improve traffic flow and safety on Harbor View Road and to provide adequate bicycle and pedestrian facilities. The scheduled completion of the project is expected in December 2016.
The project will include the addition of a center two-way left turn lane between North Shore Drive and Affirmation Boulevard, the addition of right turn lanes at major intersections, the addition of traffic signals at Fort Sumter Drive and Mikell Drive, the construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Harbor View Road and Fort Johnson Road and the addition of pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
Visit the official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty.org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project can call Charleston County’s Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.
For information on Charleston County Government news and services, the public can:
Visit our website: www.charlestoncounty.org