News Release October 16, 2015
Release Number: 3980
MEDIA CONTACT Natalie Hauff, Media Relations Coordinator Phone: (843) 202-6090 / Fax: (843) 958-4004 Email: email@example.com
Project website: http://roads.charlestoncounty.org/projects/harborviewroad/
Traffic Alert: Nighttime Lane Closures continue for the Harbor View Road Improvements project
Charleston County Government announces nighttime lane closures will continue October 18, 2015. Crews will be working on Harbor View Road for the Harbor View Road Improvements project. All work is weather permitting.
October 18 – November 1:
• Nighttime lane closures will occur on Harbor View Road.
• The work will occur between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights and between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. Friday through Saturday nights.
• Flagmen will be on site to control traffic.
• At no time will the entire roadway be blocked to traffic.
• Drivers will have access to businesses and residential properties along Harbor View Road at all times.
• At least one lane will remain open to traffic under flagging operations.
• Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
The purpose of the Harbor View Road Improvements project is to improve traffic flow and safety on Harbor View Road and to provide adequate bicycle and pedestrian facilities. The scheduled completion of the project is expected in fall 2016.
The project will include the addition of a center two-way left turn lane between North Shore Drive and Affirmation Boulevard, the addition of right turn lanes at major intersections, the addition of traffic signals at Fort Sumter Drive and Mikell Drive, the construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Harbor View Road and Fort Johnson Road and the addition of pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
Visit the official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty.org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project can call Charleston County’s Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.
For information on Charleston County Government news and services, the public can:
• Visit our website: www.charlestoncounty.org
- Prepared by the Charleston County Public Information Office -